Voter Registration

Check Your Voter Information

Check your registration status and/or voter information.   You'll be able to see if you are registered or not, then once you know - changes may be made below.

  • In New York State, Voter Registrations are compiled County-by-County. If you relocate between counties, you can have your registration transferred to your new county.

  • Under New York State Election Law Party Enrollment changes are immediate; except between the Enrollment Deadline Friday in February and the June Primary Re-canvasing at the end of June; any change made during that period will change on July 1st.   

  • Party Enrollment only matters for participation in Primary Elections.  Any registered person can vote for any candidate on any line during a November General Election.

Did you know.jpg

To register to vote you must:

  • Be a United States citizen

  • Be 18 years old (you may pre-register at 16 or 17, but cannot vote until you are 18)

  • Resident of the state and county for 30 days before an election​

  • Not be in prison or on parole for a felony conviction

    • Unless parole pardoned or restored rights of citizenship.

  • Not found to be incompetent by a court

  • Not claim the right to vote elsewhere

Voter Registration Form

Use this form to:

  • Register to vote

  • Change your name or address of an existing registration

  • Change your political party affiliation

  • Pre-Register to vote as a 16 or 17 year old

DMV User Registration

Online Registration or Registration Changes offered through the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles. 

  • Valid only for those with a NYS Driver's License or Non-Driver ID

  • Seeking to register to vote at the address listed on their ID

If the link above does not work, use  For ELECTION DEADLINES, remember the DMV is not the Board of Elections, changes made through their portal are not immediate and are transmitted next day to the BOE and will be considered too late for processes purposes.

Military and US Citizens Overseas

If you are active Military or a US Citizen Overseas and would like to register to vote, please click the button below to visit the NYS Overseas Vote Foundation page to assist you in the process:

Remove a Voter

If you would like to remove a name from our rolls due to death, or moving out of the county, then please download, fill out, and mail in the following form by clicking the button below.