Poll Workers / Inspectors
Conducting elections is a big job, and we cannot do it alone. Each year the Broome County Board of Elections utilizes 600-1000 Poll Inspectors in various capacities around the county in order to get the job done.
Qualifications for All Positions
- Must be a registered or pre-registered voter of New York State
- Able to read, write, and speak English fluently
- Access to reliable transportation
- Ability to work anywhere in Broome County
- Must attend mandatory training session and pass exam for state certification
- Must be willing to indicate your party affiliation for assignment purposes
- *fluency with current technology is a plus*
Poll Worker Application
- Inspectors must complete this official form and oath yearly.
- Click the Application button to open the PDF file, print it, complete it, and sign it.
- Then bring it to your class with you or send it in to the Board of Elections.
- Election Day pay is based on the position assigned. $11/hour Inspectors or $12/hour Chairperson
- Plus $25 for attending the mandated training class and passing the certifcation exam.
Poll Inspector Training Classes
- Ramp Warehouse & Training Center (1 N. Floral Ave, Binghamton,13905)
- 3-hour training/certification classes will be offered via signup on a first come basis.
- You must be signed up in advance and BE ON TIME!
- If you do not take class, you will not be able to work any election.
- To signup, click the Sign Up icon to the right.
NOTE: There is no guarantee that you’ll be appointed to work,
or be assigned to the same Poll Site as in previous elections,
Poll Inspectors are placed by BOE need, though we do our best
at being fair and accommodating to all.